The demanding increase of nurse requests from hospitals and other health care centers has made the need for fast track nursing course's go up.
Fast track nursing courses are an excellent way to get a nursing degree in a short period of time. These courses are very intense and demanding, and that's why students are encouraged not to work during training.
Although very attractive due to its duration and job perspectives, fast track nursing courses have their ins and outs like any other course.
- These nursing courses have a shorter duration than regular courses. This is excellent for those wanting to finish the course to start working as soon as possible.
- In two years or even less time, the student will have the equivalent of a three year course. No extra certificates or exams will be needed since the student will have the same level of training and know-how as students from regular courses.
- Due to the high number of nurseries requested for hospitals and other health care institutions, a nurse will get a job almost immediately after course completion.
- Nursing is a very rewarding career at personal level. Helping those in need raises the nurse's self-esteem turning them into an even more loving and caring person.
- There is a high level of success and most students graduate. When they apply, they are committed to finish the course to get a job and earn income as soon as possible, and that's an incentive to success.
- Due to a full time schedule, fast track nursing courses are very demanding and full days are spent in classes and training.
- As they are full time courses, it is not possible to attend them while having a job or other commitments. Hard work and total dedication are needed.
- Competition is huge. Everyone is looking for fast learning to enter the working world, and if there is a course available, rushing to get a spot is a must.
- Sometimes institutions holding these nursing courses only accept students with credits in science and biology courses. Other pre-requisites may be requested but it all depends on the institution you are applying for.
- Until the course ends, holidays will be part of the past because that time will be used to study. Taking advantage of that time makes it possible to shorten the duration of the course.
- This type of course is very expensive. The price might be double of the one paid for regular teaching. It is a question of having or not having the money to pay. Working during the course, even if it is just for a few hours a week, is out of question. Intensive classes like the nursing ones leave no free time to work even in part-time.
Fast track nursing courses are absolutely a good opportunity for those looking for a promising career in the health care field. Being a nurse gives you the opportunity to help others during times of pain and despair. It is a career that never ends. There are many additional courses to be taken in case the nurse desires to progress in the career and acquire new qualifications.
Although there are some disadvantages with this type of course, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages when the application day arrives.