A licensed practical nurse which is most commonly known as voluntary nurse usually enters the field of health care. They are given a number of opportunities in this field. There are a number of people around the world who wants to join this field because it has a room for growth and has tremendous potential. To start a career in health care field licensed practical nursing course is the first step and can take almost a year. Even outside the hospitals there is a great demand for practical or voluntary nurses.
Licensed practical nurses have many jobs to do, they have to take care of the sick, disabled and injured patients. All these nurses working within the concessions of the hospital have to bring in all of their sympathies with them which they are going to extract for the patients. After getting the license you can simply earn a large amount of money by working in health care field. Licensed practical nursing is seen in doctors, doctors and other health care provider agencies. They work under the supervision and direction of registered nurses and doctors who have to use different methods in order to attend the patient
– They have to take all the vital signs in order to diagnose the disease.
– They have to gather all the patients' information.
– They have top prepare and deliver the injections as directed by the registered nurse.
– They have to assist patients in a task of personal hygiene.
– They have to perform different lab testing and have to collect samples as well.
– They have to feed the infants and have to take a good care of them.
– They also teach patients and their family members about good and healthy habits.
– They have to aide other nursing assistants as well during the course of their work.
After so much of the hard work it is their right to earn more, which actually they do a survey is connected by different institutions which has shown that practical licensed nurses earn almost $ 33,920 annually. Although salary is based on the type of industry these practical nurseries are working in. They get a lot of pay from nursing care facilities and fro different health care services.
Employment rate for such licensed nurses is expected to grow by 21% from 2008 to 2018. This increase in employment rate is not seen ever in any of the occupations. The bend of this increase in rate of employment will lie upon hospitals. But such practical nurses will also find jobs in a number of other health care facilities as well.
Why this field is so demanding because of the aging population of the baby boomers. There is an increase in overall demand for health care services. Advancing in medical technology is also one aspect that is increasing the rate of employment in this field.
Practical nurseries take care of the patients like no one in hospitals they have to actually work a lot that in return is very rewarding for them.