Nurses make up 70% of hospital staff and total more than fourteen million worldwide (WHO). In the United States alone, there are more than three million nurses (Bureau of Labor & Statistics). These nurses take care of patients and their family members in their time of greatest need. It is only appropriate to list some of the reasons why nurses are the most beloved members of the healthcare system. Below are the top ten reasons to love a nurse:
- Nurses work for long hours at night, during the day, and on holidays; always with a smile on their face.
- Nurses are always ready to face healthcare challenges and meet their patient's needs head-on, even when strictly short staffed.
- When the nurse completes her duties, they get a feeling of satisfaction and emotional reward at the end of each shift.
- The art of patient care is practiced by nurses with lots of patience and finesse.
- Nurses take care of everyone, including patients, families, doctors, therapists, technicians and the list goes on.
- Nurses dole out both medical and non-medical advice in their role as patient advocate.
- Nurses stay up to date on the latest research and best practice findings in order to provide the best care possible.
- Nurses empower patients and family to boost up their spiritual and emotional well-being.
- Nurses educate patients on how to take care of themselves.
- Nurses combine science, technology, compassion, and caring effortlessly.
It is a lucky health organization and society that holds its nurseries in the highest esteem.
To reprint or post on your website, please include author signature information listed below at the end of this article